Monday, April 11, 2011
OET-TAP
OET is my newest acronym. Yes, you know me. You know I love acronyms. And it's true. OET appropriately stands for: Oral Exam/Thesis. And that is exactly what is consuming most of my time. And even though the process of getting started on my OET was exhausting, exorbitantly long, and excruciating (to say the least), the reading process is fantastic. I have a very nice little (lengthy) schedule set up for myself with daily goals and reading assignments, and I love my readings. They are all very interesting, which is great news because that means I picked the right topic. I love reading all about teaching writing and how to help students learn. Woot! But I'm still not sure if I picked the right career because there is one other something that has been consuming my time: TAP. (No, TAP is not actually an acronym--tricky, huh? But capitalized for sound emphasis.)Yes, I am learning to tap dance. In my basement. I have a mat, a video, and my very own pair of shiny black patent tap shoes. And I just may have missed my calling in life. Let's just say, that in only one week of tap lessons, I have mastered the three routines on the video. I'm a natural. And though I love teaching and learning, maybe I should be on broadway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment