Monday, February 21, 2011

Recap of my 10 in '10

As mentioned in an earlier post, I had a goal to do 10 sets of 10 things in 2010. Some of them I did outstandingly well; and others...well, I didn't even get to. 

10 Trips

10 Dates: With some justification, I can argue for 8...I know many girls who go out with 8 different people in one week. Since I have never been one of those girls, 8 in a year is probably a record. 

10 Poems: See Here.

10 Classics:  Shakespeare: Pericles, Cymbaline, A Midsummer Night's Dream, The Tempest, Othello, The Winter's Tale; Lord Byron: Don Juan; Jane Austen: Pride and Prejudice; Lewis Carroll: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Through the Looking Glass; William Makepeace Thackeray: Vanity Fair; Oscar Wilde: The Importance of Being Earnest. To see what I thought about these books click here



10 Letters to Thais: yep.

10 Recipes:
Peanut Butter Goodness
Green Slush
Candied Apple Salad 
Baked Eggs
Baked Oatmeal
Whole Wheat Waffles
German Pancakes
Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Salad (Rice, Beans, and Salad Dressing)
Peanut Butter Brownies
Burnt Almond Fudge Ice Cream
My Favorite Fruit Ice Cream
Strawberry-Raspberry Ice Cream
Peppermint Ice Cream

It has been a deliciously sweet year...

10 Songs: 
Chopin: Waltz in A Minor
Chopin: Waltz in B Minor
Billy Joel: Rootbeer Rag
Dream a Little Dream of Me
Grieg: Spring 
Concone: Starry Night
4 Classical Duets
3 Christmas Duets

10 Scriptures Memorized: I failed miserably at this one...by memorizing zero scriptures. Poor planning and execution on my part.

10 Goals: This included 10 additional goals I wanted to accomplish.  I did okay with a couple of them. 


Obviously, one of my 2011 goals is not blogging. But stay tuned for more inconsistent posts...

No comments: