I am back to the hussle and bussle of real city life. This time, I'm not up on the 17th floor in a penthouse, I'm actually in the basement of a 2 story house with three--yes, count them--sun rooms. And technically I'm not in The District, but I am in Arlington. Right next to Arlington Cemetery in a quaint little neighborhood where the powerlines never cease their humming. Here is an amusing synopisis of the area in which I reside. Even though I moved out here a month ago, I have yet to move into my room. Long story and one I still don't feel positively about so I won't moan and groan here; but fortunately I have been able to stay with Anne (Becky's aunt). And I am finally starting to move in. Pictures of the final unveiling coming soon.
Other than that, school started yesterday. I have two classes (which is considered full-time) and they are both on Tuesdays, so I won't have my official first day until next week. I'm pretty free the rest of the week. Well except for work, of course. I am an administrative assistant to the Director of the Honor Council. It's lots of paper work and emails, but interesting none the less. And hopefully I'll even be able to run some seminars. I have to admit I do miss teaching a teeny tiny bit. Maybe it's because I knew what I was doing and right now I'm still feeling antsy because I don't know what to expect.
1 comment:
Dear Liz,
We have a LOT of catching up to do. And I need your address. :)
Love,
Mary
Post a Comment