A vacation at last. Chicago was wonderful. It was so relaxing spending time with Liz, Austin, Leah, Sarah, and Caleb. I can't believe how much they have grown--including Liz since she is 32 weeks pregnant with their fouth (a boy!). Leah is an expert reader and is super excited to start kindergarten this year. I can't believe she is old enough to start school. It is crazy how time goes by. Here are some highlights of the trip:
*Exploring Chicago-proper with Megan
*Going to the Children's Museum in Naperville
*Going on walks in the morning with Caleb, Sarah, and Leah
*Swimming at the YMCA waterpark
*Going to Philips Park & Zoo
*Going to Blackberry Farm and Splash Country
*Eating tons of fresh garden vegetables--especially cherry tomatoes
*Playing lots of games over and over again: ticket to ride, settlers, clue, boggle
*Reading lots of stories with Leah and Caleb
*Tickling everyone
*Eating delicious german pancakes and baked eggs for breakfast
*Liz's delicious jambalaya and telapia
*Watching "While You Were Sleeping" with Liz
*Austin planning out the rest of my life
2 comments:
Okay, so you know my favorite activity here is Austin planning out the rest of your life!! Its SO true. If we weren't doing it right, he never hesitated to take our lives into his own hands. Forcing linger longer was just the beginning! :) Love you! I'll call you soon, promise! In fact, I'll call right now!
Loved that...especially Austin planning out the rest of your life ;)
Post a Comment