I am in the third week of school and already I have had seven different classrooms (that's more rooms than classes, ps.). Right now I can hear a little kid wailing (probably flailing his arms too) and throwing a colossal temper-tantrum outside my window--that's how I feel right now about school. Sign me up.
Today two of my classrooms changed, again; however, I think things will hopefully get better. Now instead of having to drag a rickety cart outside to two different portable classrooms very far away from each other and then back inside the building, I am now in three classrooms in the same hallway. Hopefully this will relieve some of my panicky "I hate my job" and "I don't have enough time to get set up" frustrations. As I try and stay calm at school and not yell and scream at my kids (who are incredibly patient with moving around so much and who have no control whether or not I have a classroom), my high life has been slapped down on the back burner. And as I mentioned in the previous entry, it is cooling to a slight simmer quite quickly. But indeed I have been blogging. Just not about my super, awesome, fantastic, amazing, incredibly inspiring life where just about everyone I know (if they didn't have to become a girl) wants to switch places with me in a second--or less! Well, the point being: I have been blogging with my students. It's their assignment, and so I'm doing it too. You know, lead by example, yadda yadda yadda, and such. But if you would like to know more about what's happening in my Not-So-High Life, check out Scribbles & Specks, my writer's-notebook-teacher blog. Just don't tell my students about this blog...
2 comments:
Oh Liz, I'm excited about this. :)
Oh Liz, I sure do love you. And apologies for already having msthackeray.blogspot.com as my url... it makes sense for me though. And besides, "Yay for colons, dashes, and fragments!"
Hope school isn't too too bad...
Post a Comment