Since coming to Thailand, I have gained a new bff. His name is Nong Boon. He is น่ารักจะตายเลย! And for all of you who can't read Thai (which is probably most of you) that means he is cute beyond belief. The last time I saw Nong Boon he was only about 1 month. Now he is almost 3. Most Thai kids are pretty shy around farangs. But Nong Boon and I have been best friends since the moment we met. Wherever we go, he sits with me. Wherever I go, he wants to go too. P' Ae says his behavior is not normal: he's so sweet and calm. I must have that effect on people. When P'Ae and P'Bet took me to the train station to go to Udorn, Nong Boon wanted to go too. When we told him he would have to curl up in my suitcase, he knew he didn't want to do that, but he still wanted to go. The train came. I ran to make sure I got on the right car. Nong Boon followed me and almost came with me. I phoned P'Ae from Udorn to tell her that I would be coming back to Bangkapi on Tuesday morning. Nong Boon answered the phone. We chatted. He asked if I was coming back. I said, yes. He asked if we would play. I said, of course. Then before I could ask to talk with P'Ae he hung up the phone. I called again and this time P'Ae answered. She told me that Nong Boon wouldn't let her talk to me. Then today when P'Ae took me to Asoke to meet up with Sister Somruedee, Nong Boon clung to me and started crying. He told me I couldn't leave. BFF.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Best Friends
Since coming to Thailand, I have gained a new bff. His name is Nong Boon. He is น่ารักจะตายเลย! And for all of you who can't read Thai (which is probably most of you) that means he is cute beyond belief. The last time I saw Nong Boon he was only about 1 month. Now he is almost 3. Most Thai kids are pretty shy around farangs. But Nong Boon and I have been best friends since the moment we met. Wherever we go, he sits with me. Wherever I go, he wants to go too. P' Ae says his behavior is not normal: he's so sweet and calm. I must have that effect on people. When P'Ae and P'Bet took me to the train station to go to Udorn, Nong Boon wanted to go too. When we told him he would have to curl up in my suitcase, he knew he didn't want to do that, but he still wanted to go. The train came. I ran to make sure I got on the right car. Nong Boon followed me and almost came with me. I phoned P'Ae from Udorn to tell her that I would be coming back to Bangkapi on Tuesday morning. Nong Boon answered the phone. We chatted. He asked if I was coming back. I said, yes. He asked if we would play. I said, of course. Then before I could ask to talk with P'Ae he hung up the phone. I called again and this time P'Ae answered. She told me that Nong Boon wouldn't let her talk to me. Then today when P'Ae took me to Asoke to meet up with Sister Somruedee, Nong Boon clung to me and started crying. He told me I couldn't leave. BFF.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love. Why are Thai kids so incredible?
Post a Comment