Sunday, January 20, 2008

Ready or Not, Teach

Well, that one teacher I mentioned definitely was not happy when she returned, and although she was very blunt that she did not want us in the school fortunately she was kind enough to let us all stay. So, let the games begin. And in fact they will begin starting this Tuesday. Starting this Tuesday, I am running the show. I don't know how I feel about it. Right now my teacher is quite lax about classroom behavior. It will have to change, because I foresee utter chaos if I am as lenient as she is. Nothing will be accomplished. Disarray will prevail. I will sit in the corner, curl up in a ball, and cry. So, even though the students will probably hate me for ruining their fun in class by not allowing them to come to class 20+ minutes late, text their friends, or listen to their iPods all through class, I will just have to accept the fact that they despise me. But hopefully in time we will come to a mutual understanding and respect.

My personal disclosure document with all of my important policies and procedures is ready to go. My information sheet is ready to go. My first unit day's lesson is ready to go. Now all I have to do is finish planning the rest of the 2 1/2 month long unit. But that's what MLK day is for, right? Realism and Modernism. Two great literary periods. We will be covering both in the next 2 1/2 months. Dunbar, Twain, Chopin, Crane, and Gilman. Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Hughes, McKay, Sandberg, Williams, cummings. So much great stuff! Appearance vs Reality: The American Dream is Dead.

No comments: