Alien Encounters and Emerald City Smoothies
LEHI HIGH--Miss Thackeray's English classes continued to comment on her apparel on Friday, May 8, 2009. The latest fashion was named "alien puke." One student, Brenden, donned the name when he said, "Miss Thackeray, it looks like an alien puked all over you." He then continued to tell her, "you wear colors that are too bright." Clearly Miss Thackeray's students do not appreciate her chic sense of style. Unfortunately the aforementioned students are neither fashion experts and exhibit little to no sense of style themselves. Miss Thackeray doesn't take them too seriously, "I am always in awe of their creativity," she commented, "Minnie Mouse, Popcorn, and now Alien Puke--this one is definitely the least flattering--but it makes me wonder what next. In some ways it makes me want to find really absurd outfits just to see what they'll come up with." Just now one of Miss Thackeray's students hollered across the classroom, "Hey Smoothie," to get her attention. I thought that was a rather odd way to talk to a teacher, so I inquired after the student's comment. "That's her new nickname," he said, "Its better than the last one [referring to alien puke]. You have to take what you can get these days," he shrugged."It is shortened from the full title: Emerald City Smoothie--that's what she's wearing today." It seems that Miss Thackeray's students are--as she said--getting more creative. And maybe she should test out her crazy-outfit theory. Who knows what the future will bring.
Photos: Top Left--"Alien Puke"; Bottom Center: "Emerald City Smoothie"
2 comments:
I read this yesterday and thought "interesting". Today I saw a girl in my class wearing something that could be considered a combo of your popcorn ensemble and your smoothie jacket. So just know you have crazy students, my students would love your fashion! :)
I'm a fan of "smoothie." nice picture. I will allow people I care about to be seen in public with you when you're dressed like that. "Alien puke" doesn't look like alien puke until you hear someone call it alien puke. Suddenly there's no doubt--it's definitely alien puke.
Post a Comment