You thought you outgrew skipping in about third grade--maybe fourth. But sometimes even after the fourth grade skipping is required. Today was one of those times. I checked one of my five--or do I have six, I don't remember--email accounts today during lunch. I read:
Dear Elizabeth:
I am pleased to inform you that the Georgetown University English Department graduate admissions committee is recommending you for admission to our M.A. program. A final decision will be made by the Graduate School, and you will hear directly from them in the next few weeks.
Skipping was the automatic reaction. I skipped for the rest of the day. Third period (my hardest class by far) was dumbfounded as I skipped from the basket to my desk from my desk to hand back their assignments and all across the room. "Are you skipping?" they asked in their wow-what-the-hell-are-you-doing-I'm-way-cooler-than-you-and-where-do-you-come-from tone. And I just skipped, sacheted, and twirled some more.
5 comments:
You totally rock this world!!!! Nice work smarty :) I'm really excited for you!
Nicely done. The Moores
Congrats. Start doing whatever girls do to celebrate. You deserve it.
ps. Until the end of your post, I thought you were talking about skipping class, not skipping--the thing you do with your legs when you're feeling young and giddy. But I think both meanings work. I just couldn't see you ditching class when you're the teacher . . . then again, I was willing to believe it.
Hey Liz- Congratulations!!! See you Sunday at Steve's!
CONGRATULATIONS! That is so very exciting, Liz!!
I've been thinking of you a lot recently, and hoping that you're well. We should catch up!
Post a Comment