Am I doing any good? Are any of my students learning anything? Am I reaching anyone? All I see is their blank faces staring back at me. All I hear is groans and complaints. "I hate this class." "This class is lame," they bellow. And their words continue to echo back and forth in my brain like a ping pong ball. Plink. Plonk. Plink. Plonk. Plink. And their empty faces take center stage in the theater of my mind. Flashing through all of the faces like a reel of film that doesn't end at the last picture, but just continues to play over and over again. So, now what? How can I learn how to communicate expectations and directions more clearly? Where am I falling short? What mark have I missed? How can I motivate them? Who will motivate me?
4 comments:
A quote for you, "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson.
The motivation that drives each of us is different for all of us. However, it is never lacking if you look within yourself. Your faith, your heart, your caring, these are but three characteristics that have always come to mind when your name is mentioned. You will find nothing but love and respect from myself and my wife.
A parting quote, also from Ralph Waldo Emerson, " to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived-- that is to have succeeded."
You have always been an amazing person to be around.
Thank you,
Tristan
yes
You motivate me deary. Yes you do. Don't know how my life would be without your wonderful self apart of it. Think about that the next time your kids look at you blankly. You're making a difference - and someday they'll realize it!
Liz - You have to check out my friend's/past professor's blog post here: http://drrt.blogspot.com/2008/11/love-life-as-it-is.html
It made me think of you and I really think you'll like it!
loves!
Post a Comment