Sunday, February 10, 2008
The Wiz
We're Off to See the Wizard! Tonight was magical. The students were amazing. Technicolor doesn't even come close to describing the costumes or the set. The monkeys flew. At the end there was a standing ovation--but not like BYU how everyone gives a standing ovation for everything: this performance was actually worthy of a standing ovation. Stellar. Stellar. Stellar. It was an utterly stellar performance. I was most impressed. And it was fun to see my students on stage. There are two casts and I desperately want to see the other cast perform as well. In the other cast one of my students is the scarecrow and another is the lion. Maybe I can sneak a peak at a rehearsal or something. Watching my students perform and chatting with them afterward still didn't make all of the frustration with the schedule completely worth it, but it certainly helped. As the students filed out after the performance had ended, I felt like a proud parent watching my little--yet very talented and accomplished--students celebrate what they have done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment